Ormiston SWB Academy
Welcome to Ormiston SWB, a mixed 11-16 Academy and post 16 Sixth Form, serving a truly multi-cultural community, whereby every pupil is respected and treated as an individual.
WELCOME TO ORMISTON SWB ACADEMY.
‘All SWB students will be respectful, responsible learners
experiencing a first class education’
Under new leadership at the Academy, with improving results in all areas, this is an exciting time for our Academy. We have an oversubscribed school with a diverse and enthusiastic student intake.
At Ormiston SWB Academy, we value manners, kindness and celebrate diversity.
We believe through nurture and hard work that every child has the potential to succeed and be the best that they can be.
We want our young people to leave education feeling confident not only in knowledge, but also in personal skills and qualities
Our students will be able to make informed choices in both their personal and work lives.
Students will gain mental strength and be strong characters, which will enable them to lead secure successful futures, giving them a distinct advantage in life.
Mr R Hughes | Principal
Our Values – C.O.R.E.
Ormiston SWB Academy students are expected to demonstrate a vast array of characteristics that will prepare them for future success. Our values clearly signal to staff, students and parents the core values of Character, Organisation, Resilience and Excellence which ensure our Academy is a focused, happy and a safe place to learn and achieve.
- Show respect for everyone in the academy
- Show respect for all staff by following requests ‘FIRST TIME, EVERY TIME’
- Use appropriate language at an appropriate volume
- Use good manners. We will say
‘Please’, Thank you’ and ‘Pardon’
- Avoid confrontation
- Show respect for the academy environment
- Have the correct equipment each day
look smart, correct uniform at all times
- Take responsibility for my attendance each day
- Attend all my lessons, making sure I am in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time
- Take responsibility for my behaviour and actions every time and not seek to blame others
- Keep myself safe moving around the academy in a calm and orderly manner, respecting balconies and stairs
- Keep myself safe in all lessons by listening to the advice from staff and asking when I am unsure
- Not bring prohibited items into the academy
- Keep myself safe by using technology
- Keep myself safe on my journey to and from the academy
- Never put myself/others in danger with my actions
- Have a positive attitude with a desire to learn and achieve
- Take responsibility for my own learning and
complete all work to the best of my ability
- Take responsibility for my own progress by acting upon teachers’ advice with positivity
Download our Prospectus
Click the download button below to download our prospectus and find out more about our Academy.
Thank you to all for your support this year. It has been an incredibly tough year, however working together we have got through it. Please have a safe and restful summer break. A letter will be mailed out shortly with all the details for our September return. https://t.co/9P4FbeTZem
We are so proud to present these outstanding students with the Gold 100% Award this Academic Year.
The Gold 100% Award is given to students that have have never missed a day of school and have not received even a single negative point across the entire Academic Year! Well done! https://t.co/pIGtKBJjBy