We take our responsibility towards parents and students very seriously and are committed to providing first class-education for every individual child in our care. In September 2012 we moved into our outstanding, brand new £25 million facilities which provide students with a world class learning environment to inspire and motivate them to work hard and achieve their potential.
Mr Rod Hughes| Principal
Find out why students love SWB Academy.Our students love being at Ormiston SWB Academy. Find out why with our 2017/18 Promotional Video.
Our ValuesOrmiston SWB Academy students are expected to demonstrate outstanding behaviour. Our values clearly signal to staff, students and parents the core values of behaviour which ensure our Academy is a focused, happy and a safe place to learn and achieve.
• look smart, wearing the correct uniform at all times
• have a positive attitude with a desire to learn and achieve
• take responsibility for my own learning and complete all work to the best of my ability
• take responsibility for my own progress by acting upon teachers’ advice with positivity
• take responsibility for my attendance each day
• attend all my lessons, making sure I am in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time
• take responsibility for my behaviour and actions every time and not seek to blame others
guidance and respecting balconies and stairs
• keep myself safe in all lessons by following advice from staff and asking when I am unsure
• not bring prohibited items into the academy
• keep myself safe by using technology appropriately
• keep myself safe on my journey to and from the academy.
• never put myself or others in danger with my actions
• show respect for all staff by following requests ‘FIRST TIME, EVERY TIME’
• use appropriate language at an appropriate volume
• use good manners. I will say ‘Please’, ‘Thank you’ and ‘Pardon’
• avoid confrontation
• show respect for the academy environment
Check out the Latest Episode of SWBTV.SWB TV is monthly news bulletin documenting the news and affairs of the Academy.
Thanks to @TheatreRedheart students were left awestruck after watching a live Gothic performance . The performance truly captivated the students and was a great way to reward them for the hard work they have been putting into their own Gothic writing this term! https://t.co/yzdUzNXVSn
Taneeka was set a homework project to Design and build a historically accurate model of a Saxon villiage. The time and effort that went into constructing this model clearly shows the commitment that Taneeka has to her learning. She received a Golden Ticket for this work. https://t.co/FnWj5XrdUz