We take our responsibility towards parents and students very seriously and are committed to providing first class-education for every individual child in our care. In September 2012 we moved into our outstanding, brand new £25 million facilities which provide students with a world class learning environment to inspire and motivate them to work hard and achieve their potential.
Mr Rod Hughes| Principal
Download our 2019/20 Prospectus
Click the download button below to download our 2019/2020 prospectus and find out more about our Academy.
Our Values -C.O.R.E
Ormiston SWB Academy students are expected to demonstrate a vast array of characteristics that will prepare them for future success. Our values clearly signal to staff, students and parents the core values of Character, Organisation, Resilience and Excellence which ensure our Academy is a focused, happy and a safe place to learn and achieve. Our values are supported by our brand new C.O.R.E Futures Programme. This is aimed at giving students the opportunity to have experiences, which deepen knowledge, embed skills and strengthen character. Through Years 7 to 13, students will study and take part in an enrichment programme including visits, courses, events and activities alongside their timetabled lessons.
- show respect for everyone in the academy
- show respect for all staff by following requests ‘FIRST TIME, EVERY TIME’
- use appropriate language at an appropriate volume
- use good manners. We will say
‘Please’, Thank you’ and ‘Pardon’
- avoid confrontation
- show respect for the academy environment
- have the correct equipment each day
look smart, correct uniform at all times
- take responsibility for my attendance each day
- attend all my lessons, making sure I am in the RIGHT place at the RIGHT time
- take responsibility for my behaviour and actions every time and not seek to blame others
- keep myself safe moving around the academy in a calm and orderly manner, respecting balconies and stairs
- keep myself safe in all lessons by listening to the advice from staff and asking when I am unsure
- not bring prohibited items into the academy
- keep myself safe by using technology
- keep myself safe on my journey to and from the academy
- never put myself/others in danger with my actions
- have a positive attitude with a desire to learn and achieve
- take responsibility for my own learning and
complete all work to the best of my ability
- take responsibility for my own progress by acting upon teachers’ advice with positivity
Check out our featured video for this week!
Check back here for a new featured video every week.
There will be a number of activities between Mon 14th and Friday 18th Oct to support #BreastCancerAwarenessMonth including a Sponsored 5k Run after school, a raffle, cake sales on Attwood at break/lunch time, where a Breast Cancer Awareness Nurse will also be available. https://t.co/78zLfjQ8Gh