Recruitment and Vacancies
Find our current vacancies and relevant application forms here.
Recruitment and VacanciesFind our current vacancies and relevant application forms here.
Opportunities at Ormiston SWB Academy
With world class facilities, brilliant students and amazing staff opportunities, Ormiston SWB Academy is a great place to be! We have a dynamic staff team who deliver great lessons and exciting enrichment opportunities. We are massively oversubscribed and the first choice for secondary education in the local area.
Due to our popularity with parents, we are always seeking to appoint the best staff to work with our students.
DO YOU TEACH MATHS, ENGLISH OR SCIENCE? Are you looking for a change now or in the future? Informal contact is most welcome…..come and see us in action and decide if you’d like to be part of our journey!
If we haven’t got a post for you currently, in whatever subject you are a specialist, do not let that put you off. Whether newly qualified, recently qualified or looking for a lead practitioner role we are always looking for outstanding staff and if you are interested in working with us, or finding out more, then please contact our Principal, Rod Hughes, directly at email@example.com We would love to hear from you!
You can see our current vacancies on our TES page by clicking the below banner.
Our Current Vacancies
Teachers of English, Maths and Science
Are you dynamic, inspirational and have the high ambition and drive to make a huge difference? Are you looking for an exciting challenge to help transform a department to rapidly become outstanding? Then this post could be for you!
Ormiston SWB Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-19 Academy under new leadership from September 2018. We have world class facilities and students who are keen to learn. We have high expectations for all students and staff, and aim to be brilliant in all we do… We are looking for staff who share this vision!
We are now seeking to appoint outstanding teachers in our English, Maths and Science departments. You need to be determined to drive up standards, have a positive approach to your work life and be committed to making a difference. In return you will get to work in an innovative and supportive Academy, which is the first choice for parents across the area. If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, we’d love you to be a part of our team!
Ormiston SWB Academy are seeking to appoint a permanent cleaner to join our friendly and supportive team.
Working Hours: 15 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Term: 16.00 – 19.00
Holidays: 10.00 – 13.00
Duties for this role are as followed:
- Undertake cleaning duties which may include dusting, emptying bins, picking up litter, sweeping, washing, and vacuuming, scrubbing, buffing, polishing, toilet cleaning in areas of the establishment.
- May undertake specialised cleaning programmes during the school closures or other designated periods.
- Assist in the preparation of rooms and appropriate work areas e.g. meeting rooms, classrooms.
- May be required to undertake first aid duties.
- Restocking facilities e.g. soap, paper towels.
- Report when stocks are low.
- Store all equipment and chemicals used in the appropriate manner.
- Work to ensure and maintain safety and security of the building and those within it.
- Escalate any safety issues to the line manager.
- Work to expected standards and complete work within required timescales.
- Report any faults with materials and/or equipment as necessary
- May demonstrate own duties to new or less experienced staff.
- Exchanges information with their supervisor, head teacher and possibly other staff.
- May complete checklists to say work has been completed.
- Identify straight forward solutions to simple problems and minimal personal initiative required.
- Understanding of health and safety issues and willingness to undertake training.
- Knowledge of chemicals and proper use of cleaning equipment.
- Awareness of COSHH.
- First aid at work may be a requirement or paediatric first aid.
- Required to work in conditions such as cleaning with toilets, dealing with waste, responding to minor hazards.
- Requires regular physical effort such as bending, stretching, pulling and pushing cleaning equipment with occasional intense effort for moving furniture.
- Additional duties may be requested in line with the changing needs of the Academy
CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY 12TH DECEMBER 2019
Applications can be downloaded from the following link: https://ormistonswbacademy.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Support-Staff-Application-Branded.docx
Applications should be emailed to LGreen@oswba.co.uk
Or alternatively posted to the following address:
Ormiston SWB Academy
Dudley Street, Bilston
Sixth Form Prospectus