Academy Response to COVID-19
As you know, we are all facing extraordinary challenges at this time and the situation is placing pressure on all parts of society.
The academy’s response to COVID 19 has been comprehensive and robust. Including:
- Staggered start and entry times and entry/exit routes
- Year group bubbles based on their own floor/zone
- Pastoral offices on each floor
- Free breakfast & juice for all students
- Enhanced cleaning all day
- Separate Year groups still have access to hot & cold lunches
- All classrooms are fully resourced and serviced by a technician on every floor
- A 30 minute C.O.R.E. extra session has been added to the timetable to make up for lost learning time, focussing on Numeracy, Literacy/Reading & Knowledge Organisers
- Full plans in place for Tier 1 & Tier 2 lockdown eventualities, including use of our home learning strategy through live Teams Lessons and Class Charts
- Limited number of meetings for staff & virtual where possible
- Modifications to behaviour policy in light of Covid
- Isolation room for suspected Covid cases plus first aid goes to student
- PPE and sanitiser/wipes in every room for students and staff
- Detailed and regular communication with parents via email, text and website
The students are still following the full curriculum content with the exception of D&T and Science practical activity.
For up to date information please visit our Letters to Parents page.
A full copy of our latest risk assessment can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
Sixth Form Prospectus
Dudley Street, Bilston, West Midlands, WV14 0LN