About Ormiston SWB Academy
About Ormiston SWB AcademyFind out more about our Academy.
Welcome to Ormiston SWB Academy.
Ormiston SWB Academy is the first choice for secondary education in the local area. The Academy provides a fantastic choice in secondary education for the communities of South Wolverhampton, Bilston, Sedgley, Coseley and the wider Black Country. Parents/students residing in Wolverhampton, Sandwell, Dudley and Walsall are eligible to apply for places at Ormiston SWB Academy.
SWB Vision – The SWB vision is very simple:
‘All SWB students will be respectful, responsible learners experiencing a first class education’.
At Ormiston SWB Academy, we value manners, kindness and celebrate diversity.
We believe through nurture and hard work that every child has the potential to succeed and be the best that they can be.
We want our young people to leave education feeling confident not only in knowledge, but also in personal skills and qualities
Our students will be able to make informed choices in both their personal and work lives.
Students will gain mental strength and be strong characters, which will enable them to lead secure successful futures, giving them a distinct advantage in life.
All students and staff will value our C.O.R.E.
Open Days take place in October and June of each year. This is an opportunity to look around the Academy and talk to our staff if you are considering choosing us a preference for your child’s education in the following September, or indeed at any other time.
At Ormiston SWB Academy we are passionate about providing the best education for our young people and there are several reasons to consider Ormiston SWB Academy:
- Fantastic Behaviour – our students behaviour in lessons and around the Academy is exemplary. Bullying is rare and not tolerated. Students remain on site all day to ensure their safety and a nutritious lunch service is provided.
- Outstanding Attendance – we have above average attendance rates nationally. Students enjoy coming to the Academy as lessons are stimulating and the environment is engaging.
- Brilliant Facilities – we have one of the best learning environments to be created for many years!
- Innovative Curriculum – which is designed to meet the needs of all students, wherever they are on their learning journey, we ensure they make good progress and track this closely to make sure this is maintained at all times.
- Student Support Centre – which offers dedicated one to one care and support for those students who need it, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
If you are interested in arranging a visit at any time during the Academy day, please contact us and we will willingly accommodate you. If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to Ormiston SWB Academy.
Sixth Form Prospectus
Dudley Street, Bilston, West Midlands, WV14 0LN